Rava Dosa is a delicacy for kids and you can relish it for it is crisp and crunchy with a distinct flavour and taste and different from the normal dosa (rice) we regularly make at home.
Cooking Time: 45 mts
1. Rava ( Semolina ) : 1 Cup or 150 Grams
2. Refined flour ( maida ) 1 Cup or 100 Grams
3. Rice flour : 0.5 Cup or 50 Grams
4. Curd (preferably sour) : 0.25 Cup or 50 Ml
5. Water : 2.5 Cup or 500 Ml
6. Salt : 0.5 Teaspoon
7. Oil : 0.5 Cup
8. Mustard : 1 Teaspoon
9. Pepper : 1 Teaspoon
10. Cumin (Jeera ) : 1 Teaspoon
11. Ginger : 1″ piece
12. G. Chili : 1
13. Coriander and Curry leaves: 1 sprig each
Chop green chili, ginger and coriander, curry leaves. Take a teaspoon of oil in a skillet and saute the mustard, ginger, g. chili, pepper, cumin and curry leaves. Now mix all the ingredients; Rava, maida and rice flour with curd, water, salt and fried items to ferment for 30 mins. The batter should be thinner than the normal dosa batter. Heat the non stick dosa pan or tava and pour a big ladle full of batter in the middle and spead it to all sides to make it a round dosa. Use the oil generously over the dosa and it should be well cooked on both sides to become crisp and thin to a golden color.
Tips: Try to use a non stick dosa pan for making this. There is no need to fry the rava or maida.